North Hollywood West
Wednesday, May 25th @ 6:30 p.m.
Location: James Madison Middle School Auditorium
13000 Hart Street, North Hollywood (at Ethel Avenue)
Our first Board of Directors will be installed and fill two vacant seats,
one each in the Community-Based Organizations and Youth categories.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 3 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agendas are posted for public review at: Saticoy Elementary School, 7850 Ethel Avenue, North Hollywood; Valley Community Clinic, 6801 Coldwater Canyon, North Hollywood; Valley Plaza Library, 12311 Vanowen Street, North Hollywood; San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission, 13422 Saticoy Street, North Hollywood; Quizno’s Sub, 12643 Sherman Way, Unit A, North Hollywood.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure the availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at (213) 485-1360 or by e-mailing NCSupport@lacity.org.
All items on agenda are subject to discussion and possible action.
- Call to Order
- General Public Comment on Items Not Listed on Today’s Agenda (3 min. per speaker)
- Installation and oath for members of the Board of Directors by Mshak Ghazarian, Field Deputy for Councilman Paul Krekorian.
- Discussion and possible action regarding filling of vacancies (Community-Based Organization & Youth Seats) in accordance with the NoHoWest NC Bylaws.
- Review of Officer’s Duties and Responsibilities, followed by discussion and possible action on Election of Officers for the NoHoWest NC Board
- Discussion and possible action on committee formation and board member assignments to committees. At a minimum the Executive, Outreach, and Bylaws Committees should be established.
- Discussion and possible action on identifying a date and time to conduct a Board Retreat facilitated by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment to inform and educate board members on the laws and rules governing the NC system.
- Board Member Comments on subject matter within the board’s jurisdiction
Please be advised that the bylaws of the North Hollywood West Neighborhood Council provide a process for reconsideration of actions as well as a grievance procedure. For your convenience, the bylaws are available during every meeting. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be obtained from Department of Neighborhood Empowerment, 213-485-1360.
Coffee provided by Starbucks!
(Sherman Way and Whitsett location)