North Hollywood West
Regular Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Saticoy Elementary School Auditorium
7850 Ethel Avenue.
North Hollywood, 91605
Note: Some previous announcements listed MADISON MIDDLE SCHOOL as the location.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 3 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agendas are posted for public review at: Saticoy Elementary School, 7850 Ethel Avenue, North Hollywood; Valley Community Clinic, 6801 Coldwater Canyon, North Hollywood; Valley Plaza Library, 12311 Vanowen Street, North Hollywood; San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission, 13422 Saticoy Street, North Hollywood; Quizno’s Sub, 12643 Sherman Way, Unit A, North Hollywood.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure the availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at (213) 485-1360 or by e-mailing NCSupport@lacity.org.
All items on agenda are subject to discussion and possible action.
1. Call to Order
2. Approve Minutes at the last monthly meeting Wednesday, May 25, 2011.
3. General Public Comment on items not listed on today’s agenda (3 min. per speaker).
4. Approve participation in Councilmember Paul Krekorian’s “Inauguration Celebration” on Saturday, July 2, 2011.
5. Approve participation in “National Night Out” on Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
6. Thank Principal Roger Avilla for his efforts and accomplishments at Saticoy Elementary School and support of North Hollywood West.
7. Establish selection process to fill two (2) vacant council seats: Community-Based Organizations and Youth categories.
8. Adopt practice of reciting the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of monthly meetings.
9. Begin referring city Zoning & Planning requests to members of Zoning & Planning.
10. Discuss logo choice process and assign research and development to the Outreach Committee.
11. Assign website research and development for Outreach Committee.
12. Discuss Councilmember Paul Krekorian’s proposed changes to the Neighborhood Council system.
13. Discuss creating a Beautification Committee.
14. Add the word “Communication” to the Outreach Committee titled, renamed Outreach and Communication Committee.
15. Board member comments on subject matter within the board’s jurisdiction.
Coffee provided by Starbucks!
(Sherman Way and Whitsett location)